Our client is a social enterprise focused on improving food and income security throughout sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. Our low-cost tractor-monitoring device and software applications make it profitable and sustainable for tractor owners to provide services to farmers within their vicinity. These tractors services save farmers time and money, allowing them to grow and earn more.
OUR CLIENT HAS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A MID-LEVEL BACK END DEVELOPER who can work at a high level across the enterprise to be based at Abuja, FCT.
The Developer is responsible for overseeing the technical aspects of our web and mobile infrastructure. The Developer will work with Executive Management to expand our products capabilities, aligning them with our enterprise customers. Our enterprise customers include large dealers and tractor manufacturers (OEMs).
Using practical approaches, the Developer will work alongside employees in the IT department to attain the company’s strategic goals established in the company’s strategic plan.
Among these objectives are:
- Building Cloud services in the domain of the internet of things.
- Web application and services that interact with IP devices and web services.
- Security, Authorization, authentication
- Expand web and mobile app features
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create winning Innovation,
- Cost and Quality roadmaps as well as overall systems architecture around Asset Tracking and Monitoring, SMS Communication, and Mobile Payment Solutions.
- Collaborate with CEO to develop product / technology roadmaps and strategy.
- Present complex ideas, anticipate potential objections and persuade others, including senior management, customers, partners and industry groups, to adopt recommended design solutions.
- Lead execution of common, cross-company projects as derived from Roadmaps domestically and internationally.
- Oversee the deployment and disciplined use of Design for Six Sigma and to ensure timely and cost-effective IT rollout, product development and introduction.
- Tertiary Institution degree in a related field
- Advanced degrees (Masters) and relevant Certificates of proficiency are added advantage
- 3 – 5 Years Backend Development experience
- Proven working knowledge of PHP (with Laravel 5.3 framework would be a major advantage)
- Proven working knowledge of MySQL 5.7
- Proven working knowledge of Ubuntu 16.04 (in an AWS instance would be a plus)
Strong Advantage If You Are Familiar With:
- Git (Fork and Pull workflow),
- AWS technologies like ELB, CloudWatch, etc.
- Any CV submitted must capture and reflect proficiency/familiarity with the job description, preferred skillsets and key requirements of the role.
- Use a CV well detailed, technically sound and well optimized.
- Consideration is on merit and first come basis
- Only suitable applicants will be contacted.
Method Of Application
Applications should be sent containing ONLY the CV. All you would want to state in your cover letter and introductory note should be fused within the points on your CV.