Lead, Logistics Dispatch - Jumia Food (Full Time)
Who we are
Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Jumia Services is the Logistics Marketplace company of Jumia. The mission of Jumia Services is to create a connected and integrated network of service providers, which addresses in the best cost/quality ratio the needs of millions of sellers and customers of Jumia. Our vision is to simplify and expand the accessibility to e-commerce products and services in a convenient and trustworthy way to our customers with focus on technology, community management of logistics marketplace and managing operational quality.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
You will be responsible for the performance of warehouse operations serving both internal and external customer groups. Drive efficiencies through continuous improvement across all areas, including inventory control and accuracy. Ensure timely fulfillment of orders to final destination, including appropriate compliance with all relevant regulations.
In particular, you will
- Manage the warehouse operations for Bulky goods
- Setup and continuously improve warehouse operations processe
- Manage several teams, including Inbound,Inventory, Outbound, Aftersales and create, monitor, and improve their KPIs
- Maintain quantitative frameworks, including: ○Dashboards to monitor performance and identify bottleneck areas of operational processes ○Order monitoring of end-to-end warehouse processes and improvement of operational efficiency ○ Queue monitoring to identify anomalies andimprove customer satisfaction
- Maintain daily routines, including: ○Ensuring the timely scan at all the legs and updating in systems for movement as transferable unit. ○Oversee reporting on Incidents/Change/Problem tickets and SLA status
- Develop, implement, monitor, track and improve key performance metrics across the functional departments within the warehouse.
- Drive best practices for inventory management, reporting, and handling.
- Responsible to ensure appropriate control mechanisms are in place and achieve exceptional levels of inventory accuracy, material availability, and service goals.
- Develop and manage staff to continuously improve skills and team performance.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or related field is preferred
- 7+ years of experience in logistics, distribution, operations management, or supply chain; hands-on experience in supervision or management of a warehouse facility in an e-Commerce distribution, repacking or production environment
- Work experience must also include 2+ years leading operational teams or acting in a managerial position.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Proven experience in material handling and critical thinking to detect on-time any unsafe maneuvers i.e. large items, heavy materials and fragile material, etc.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to manage and develop a team.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take