Associate, Accounts Receivable Operations - Jumia (Full Time)
Who we are
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers. Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery. With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey
- Review AR balances on a daily basis to ensure payments are made on or before the due date
- Provide monthly summary of bank reconciliations for review by the finance manager.
- Verify the reliability and accuracy of bank balances in the general ledger and trial balance.
- Manage information flows to and from other areas of finance and the business to resolve reconciliation queries.
- Ensure invoices and payments of Corporate Accounts are cash matched.
- Post all Customer receipts and reconciliation adjustments within 24hrs of advice from Treasury.
- Ensure that all cash receipts for all Customers’ invoices for all transactions are relinked to reflect the true ageing as at month end.
- Monitor vendors’ account to ensure that they do not exceed their credit limits or periods.
- Ensure that Customers that are not authorized to get credits are not given credits.
- Prompt resolution of Customers’ issues that could arise from various reasons.
- Attend to all Customers enquiries and issues within 24 hours.Adheres with the monthly closing reporting calendar for all pre-close activities and submission of flash reports.
- Support the Accounts receivable supervisor with relevant data in preparation of Accounts receivable flash and other reports.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related fields
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience
- Membership of an internationally recognized professional Accounting body e.g. ICAN, ACA, ACCA is a plus
- Operational experience in a related industry will be considered an asset (Technology, Financial Services, Banking)
- Accuracy and attention to detail when managing accounting figures and financial records
- Understanding of accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures