Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali, Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
IT Manager position will be responsible for running company wide systems. You will be responsible for designing, planning, implementation and overseeing administration and maintenance of network infrastructure within Andela including network security as per established policies. You will also oversee systems administration tasks for Andela systems as well as asset management. Reporting to the Director of IT, the IT Manager is responsible for building and maintaining reliable network infrastructure and maintaining essential IT operations for Andela.
- Design, plan and implement Andela’s IT infrastructure as per set standards
- Implement network security at the location as per established policies and standards.
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of the company's IT infrastructure.
- Recommend areas of improvements.
- Ensure 99.9% network availability for the location.
- Manage administrative user roles and permissions as per set guidelines
- Provide regular updates on utilisation of all internal system resources.
- Work with other teams to help maintain and manage Internal Systems.
- Define SLAs for all tickets assigned to the IT department.
- Provide first line of response to all escalated tickets.
- Interact with internal clients at all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and respond in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain vendor relationship and manage the purchase of hardware and software products.
- Ensure that company assets are maintained and inventoried accurately.
- Lead, without Micromanaging a team of IT systems administrators and Network engineers
- Carry out people performance evaluation as per set guidelines
SECURITY AND COMPLIANCE
- Work in a global team to ensure ISO and SOC activities are effectively executed
- Recommend and implement network and systems security solutions
- Effectively plan and budget for the IT department
- Monitor expenditure within the department
- Recommending cost effective solution s
Qualifications & Experience
- 10 years’ experience in IT. 5 being being in a managerial role for a big company.
- Bachelor Degree in IT, computing or related field.
- A good understanding of computer networks, a Cisco or any other network certification is required.
- Security certification and/or experience with ISO/SOC certification will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work with different operating systems i.e MacOs, Windows and Linux
- Experience working with cloud based systems
- Understanding of helpdesk systems is essential.
- A good grasp of technical installations and willingness to learn
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.