Wilderness Safaris is a responsible luxury ecotourism company that exists to protect pristine wilderness areas and the flora and fauna that they support. We believe that in protecting these areas, and including the local communities in this process, we will make a difference to Africa and ultimately the world.
We are looking for dynamic and energy packed suitable individuals who are self- motivated team players. The individuals should be dedicated and committed to providing excellent service within a high pressure environment. The individuals should have the ability to interact well with guests from all parts of the world as well as the ability to form good relationships with camp management and staff. We wish to invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the below positions.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Lodge Manager is responsible for maintaining the smooth operation of a luxury safari lodge. To provide leadership and development to staff, maintain lodge facilities and provide a level of hospitality which meets the company's minimum standards.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
- Ensure and provide flawless, upscale and professional in camp and out of camp guest service experiences.
- Analyse customer feedback and provide strategic direction to continuously improve overall rating.
- Anticipate and react promptly to guests' requirements; a sense of urgency.
- Oversee and coordinate all arrivals and departures of all camp guests.
- Coordinate and manage communication between guests and staff and follow up to ensure complete service delivery.
- Direct, coach and manage camp employees to ensure all standards and operating procedures are adhered to.
- Maintaining all aspects of facilities and assets in the camp and back of house through best practice of hygiene and safety standards for both guests and staff.
- Ensuring the maintenance and ongoing development of the Environmental Management Plan within the set framework.
- Diploma in hospitality management or equivalent.
- Proven working experience in the hospitality field for a minimum of five years.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Service excellence (Desire to enhance Guest Experience).
- Problem solving.
- Organisational Skills.