Wilderness Safaris is a responsible luxury ecotourism company that exists to protect pristine wilderness areas and the flora and fauna that they support. We believe that in protecting these areas, and including the local communities in this process, we will make a difference to Africa and ultimately the world.
Wilderness Safaris Botswana is looking for a dynamic and energy packed suitable individual who is a self- motivated team player, dedicated and committed to providing excellent service within a high pressure environment. The individual should be technically proficient and have the ability to interact well with guests from all parts of the world as well as the ability to form good relationships with camp management and staff. We wish to invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the below position.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The TSM will take daily responsibility to ensure the management of the Maintenance Department with the function of reactive repairs and planned maintenance, which will include managing Company assets and staff members. This position will report directly to the General Manager, with a dual reporting responsibility to the Fleet Manager.
The candidate for this position will be qualified and/or have substantial experience of a relevant building trade e.g. electrical, mechanical engineering, plumbing, drainage, construction, painting and decorating etc. Leading a team of maintenance staff, you will be able to demonstrate strong organisational skills to lead, plan and delegate the teams work and be willing to take a hands-on approach to the maintenance and repairs. A major part of this role will be focused on up-skilling the team in order to reduce the number of contractors used.
Brief Description of position:
- Devise the annual planned maintenance programme and schedule of works
- Schedule and delegate reactive repairs as required
- Manage and administer annual repair and maintenance contracts e.g. electrical testing, mechanical and electrical equipment, water supply testing etc. Solar etc.
- Maintain and monitor the delivery against the annual planned programme
- Manage the in-house team monitoring their work, setting targets, carrying out regular appraisals and reviewing training and development needs
- Build a skilled team in order to reduce the number of contactors used
- Prepare specifications and tender / quotation documentation as required for works
- Prepare and regularly review a list of approved contractors for specialist, responsive or emergency maintenance and repair works provide feedback to the Maun operations team on these contractors
- Ensure that the grounds of camp are maintained in a tidy and good condition
- Liaise with the operational team over scheduling of works, security and access
- Ensure that all contractors are engaged and managed on site in full compliance with the Wilderness policies
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required and that fall within the scope and range of the job
- Ensure that all the camp activities at back of house is done according to the Minimum Environmental Standards
- To be familiar with and manage the systems involving the handling and reporting of incidents of whatever nature (Fire, safety, health, accident etc.) and reporting thereof to the General Manager at the earliest possible convenience.
- Continuous training and development of the maintenance team to ensure compliance to the highest maintenance standards and for assets to be used to their full potential.
- Identify any development requirements for maintenance team in camp.
- Ensure that all safety procedures are adhered to when operating all maintenance equipment
- Ensure adherence of all staff to the off road policy of the concession as guided by the Botswana Wildlife authority.
- Responsible for overseeing the management of maintenance budget, expenses, and equipment depreciation within a camp.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Diploma in Facilities Management / in a related technical/management discipline.
- 5 years' experience in a similar role at supervisory / management level.
- Proven experience in remote locations (Bush experience) will be an added advantage
- Proven record of outstanding staff relations.
- Excellent Technical Proficiency
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Attention to details.
- Observational Skills.
- Good people management skills
- Leadership by example.
- Service excellence.