Botswana Ash (Pty) Ltd is a Soda Ash and Salt producing Company situated on the Sua Pan in Botswana, approximately 180 km by tarred road northwest of Francistown. The Company employs over 450 employees of which close to 300 are unionised. Employees and their families live in Sowa Town, about 20 km east of the factory. The town boasts excellent English medium pre-primary, primary and secondary schools as well as government run primary and junior secondary schools. In addition, there is a company run private clinic for Botash employees at the factory as well as a private clinic and a government run clinic at the township. Recreational facilities include tennis and squash courts, swimming pools, recreation clubs as well as an 18- hole browns golf course.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of SALES MANAGER.
Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager, the incumbent will maximise the sales of products for all Botswana Ash products (in the north) and manage the brand on behalf of the company.
Key results areas
- Develops operational plans for the section, setting priorities, with clear activity schedules, and performance targets standards
- Gain, Maintain, Retain and Regain customers as required in order meeting to sales targets and build brand reputation.
- Growing the company's market share in flagship products
- Increase customer base by approaching customers and doing sales presentations to potential customers
- Developing and monitoring effective sales systems.
- Maintaining existing customers and exploring further market opportunities.
- Gathering marketing intelligence.
- Grows current and future volumes for the company by retaining and expanding customer product usage
- Identifies opportunities for growth and opportunities for new customers
- Translate departmental goals into divisional objectives, sets associated targets, monitors and ensures achievement
- Drives, supports and manages the implementation of changes to operational procedures to ensure adherence to safety standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, or Commerce, or Marketing plus ten (10) years sales/commercial experience, of which three () should have been in business to business marketing at a middle management level.
- Good understanding of the principles and practices of management of a Sales team in a manufacturing environment