Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali, Cairo and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the role:
Andela is looking to hire a strategic and data-dangerous Senior Manager - to build and drive the Analytics/Operations group within Engineering talent acquisition. This role is a recruiting leadership role and driving hiring for a flagship Andela position.
The Analytics/Operations group will drive deep into our existing operational and analytical processes and ask, “Why do we do it this way? What could be optimized, scaled, automated, simplified?” and of course, “how is this going to affect the bottom line of our business?”
This role requires next level excellence in business-minded analytical thinking, project and stakeholder management, and getting stuff done. A person who excels in this role will be comfortable sourcing and using data to identify business improvement opportunities, and creating artifacts and dashboards that communicate effectively across all levels and functions within the organization.
While based in Nairobi, Lagos, Kampala or Kigali - you will collaborate heavily with key leadership stakeholders across the business. You will assemble, coach and lead a high-calibre operations and analytics group. This opportunity is ideal for data-savvy and strategic leaders in the tech and startup space.
- Building and driving a high-performing, strategic and data-driven Analytics/Operations group, within Andela’s key Engineering scaling org
- Being a motivated self-starter who can carry initiatives from start to finish, and can work effectively at all levels of the organization across the uniquely cross-cultural Andela environment.
- Planning and Reporting
- Drive and run quarterly operational planning process; working closely with leaders in Recruiting, Staffing, Business Operations and Partner Engineering
- Design and Implement key business initiatives
- Project Management
- Lead execution of large-scale projects that directly impact business results
- Work cross-functionally to develop and execute implementation plans, with appropriate change management strategies
- Data Analysis
- Lead analytical deep-dives to explain org performance, identify issues and uncover levers for improvement
- Identify inefficiencies, and scope, plan and conduct analyses to successfully execute strategic and operational projects
- Proficiency with data analysis; ability to interpret, analyze and manipulate data strategically
- Communication / Collaboration:
- Clearly and concisely communicate findings to senior management
- Structure and package work into compelling presentations and communications that influence various audiences, including executives
- Primary point person with the data team
- Know where to get the data
- Running data integrity checks
- Proactively communicate relevant data with different departments to drive operational improvements
- Coaching your new team to grow to take ownership of the above
- Experienced in project managerial and leadership capacities, and knowledge/experience within Talent Acquisition strongly preferred
- 5+ years experience across consulting, operational leadership, strategic recruiting or project managerial capacities - ideally within technology or top-tier consulting
- Structured, logical, and creative thinking: the ability to dissect a problem using a critical approach and iteratively test solutions
- Proficiency with data analysis; ability to interpret and manipulate data strategically
- Established track record in driving cross-functional initiatives with measurable impact
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present clear, well-thought out recommendations
- Produce articulate and persuasive cross-functional leadership-level presentations of strategic initiatives (Sr. Director Staffing, Director PX, VP Developer Delivery, etc)
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Insurance coverage
- Equity package
- Beautiful working environment
- Continental travel opportunities
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.