Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
Andela is looking for a forward-thinking Talent Management Specialist to build a business ecosystem for employees to increase their value proposition and enable personal innovation and growth.
You will have a strong foundation in designing, developing and implementing practical, integrated talent management/development solutions. This includes expertise in talent identification and planning approaches (e.g., formal assessments, talent reviews, succession), experiential/on-the-job development solutions (e.g., stretch assignments, rotations) and design of competency models, program design and management. Over time you will lead a team so a genuine desire to grow other humans is important. You will get to cultivate relationships with Senior leaders and an awesome globally distributed HR team to lead exponential growth for Andela and its humans.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Implement and manage the annual talent identification process. Including talent Calibration, succession planning, identification of high-potential employees, assessment of flight risks and the completion of employee Talent Profiles to drive improved insight into the capability of our workforce
- Strengthening and diversifying talent pipelines to business critical and leadership roles. Think: implementation of high potential programmes, coaching, 360 feedback, scoping and delivery of Emerging Talent requirements and partnering with internal Diversity and Inclusion lead to align and embed org-wide D&I initiatives to talent management practices.
- Advising on how to maximise talent and capability growth opportunities as well as to manage potential risk
- Designing, building, testing and implementing leader pipeline identification and development solutions
- Partner with key stakeholders to design and implement organizational competency models to drive transparency and objectivity in decision making around people and advancement
- Measure, measure, measure
- Collaborating with senior leaders and HR stakeholders to ensure solutions are meeting business needs
- Facilitate the Organization in transitioning from Talent Retention to Talent Management, fostering programs that increase employee engagement, retention and productivity while sustaining our culture and core values
A bit about you...
- Meaningful experience and passion in Talent Management via an HRBP role or related experience
- Experience in the practical application of talent initiatives to drive business outcomes and impact humans
- Demonstrated ability to manage global, scaled projects or programs- work prioritisation, planning, and coordination across teams and workstreams
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to identify implications/trends in data as an input to program design
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior stakeholders
- Organisational behaviours/psychology; human capital analytics and/or business partnering/consulting are of interest
- Comfortable working in a globally distributed environment and delivery of high impact virtual solutions
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Insurance coverage
- Equity package
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, And a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.