Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Cairo, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
Andela recently expanded into Egypt and is currently seeking a stellar operations guru to join our growing People Team. This is an awesome opportunity for a stellar HR professional to lay a solid foundation for a rapidly scaling community of remote engineers. You will get to take best practice processes and experiences from Andela’s other locations and implement for Egypt. You’ll have the opportunity to innovate and create as well, working alongside local leadership truly building a business. You’ll also get to work on cool global projects that support the broader Andela population.
You will act as a liaison for employees and managers and local leadership, focusing on supporting and implementing people team processes and programs.
This role reports to the Global Operations Lead
- Work with the stakeholders to ensure day-to-day operations of People-related functions are addressed in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner
- Partner with other internal teams on a variety of matters including: compliance, payroll, tax, immigration, new country set up
- Own onboarding, offboarding, benefits implementation/ongoing support, local labor law compliance, data integrity and documentation, reporting, liaising with local vendors
- Work with the broader people team to implement processes and programs for the Cairo Engineering Community
- Maintain a thorough awareness of developments in labor laws and legislations and advise management accordingly.
- Be willing to take on tasks/projects that are not squarely in HR but support a growing team and business.
Qualifications & Characteristics
- 5 years of progressive HR operations experience
- Passion for Andela’s mission, vision and core values
- You drive results in a big way and can get things done. You are self-driven and have great independent follow-through
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work-flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values consistently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Working knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g. Egyptian labor/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them to Andela Egypt
- Ability to intervene with all levels of staff, partners and contractors, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public with diplomacy
- Strong knowledge in salary structure and development, benefits and compensation, surveys/benchmarking and job evaluation systems.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.