Educor is the largest private education supplier in Southern Africa., managing 10 educational brands across its more than 60 campuses and sites in South Africa and internationally. As a Group we possess a rich heritage with brands that have been in existence for many years. Since our inception in 2008, Educor has evolved into an education giant offering face-to-face, distance and online learning. Our face to face brands include Damelin, CityVarsity, ICESA, Central Technical College and recently the Dermatech Training Institute. Distance brands include INTEC College, Damelin Correspondence College (DCC) and our higher-education distance brand, Lyceum. New additions to the Educor house of brands are our innovative and inspiring online brands, Damelin Online and CityVarsity Online. These brands remain the cornerstone of the Educor stable.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- Contributing to strategy discussions and decision-making.
- Helping business execute strategy.
- Providing ideas and challenge (suggestions/changes/solutions) to management teams, thus acting as a catalyst for
- Advising managers and leaders on people issues, supported by robust measurement and evaluation.
- Being the expert and conduit on people challenges - especially talent, performance and change.
- Collaborating with other parts of HR to align their work with the business and to deliver seamless service.
- Building trusted relationships with senior stakeholders and leaders in the business.
- Providing strategic and day-to-day leadership to drive the delivery of the business' HR plans.
- Using experience, skills and knowledge of the HR industry to make an impact in key areas such as change
management, organisational design, employee engagement and talent analytics.
- Assisting in building strong talent pipelines and talent management.
- Coaching and mentoring junior team members within the HR team.
- Supporting line managers across the business on organisational structure and design
- Consult with line management and provide daily HR guidance
- Analyse trends and metrics of the department
- Resolve complex employee relations issues and address grievances
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase
productivity and retention
- Provide HR policy guidance
- Monitor and report on workforce and succession planning
- Identify training needs for teams and individuals
- Evaluate training programs
- Suggest new HR strategies
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
HRBP strategic alignment and implementation:
- To challenge and propose new ideas that may contribute to better strategic decisions.
- To prompt and encourage deep thought among colleagues, especially when they are under pressure.
- Having the credibility and authority that comes from understanding, insight and curiosity about business.
- Acting as a 'critical friend' to the business team.
- To support organisation effectiveness by developing and implementing solutions aligned to strategy.
HR BPs need to:
- Understand financial and operational business measures.
- To have detailed review of Profit and Loss (P&L) with finance
- To be masters of people-related measurement and ensure that this is seen as an essential part of business measurement.
- To focus on the metrics that drive short-and long-term performance.
- To discourage data collection that does not help the business perform well or meet legal requirements.
- To bring evidence-based practices into the organisation and addressing the people challenges for your area of expertise.
•Contribute to, and where accountable define policies and processes that support the Company people strategy and objectives.
•Use and understand Company People tools, policies and procedures.
•Engaging with managers effectively to ensure compliance of company policies and procedure.
•Understand and anticipate the need for change, diagnose the underlying issues and build the case for change with stakeholders.
•Build frameworks to plan and manage the continuous process of change including dependencies, risk, potential
scenarios and options to mitigate.
Recruitment and selection:
•Work with Managers to manage the recruitment and selection of key roles.
•To work hand in hand with the Line Managers and Recruitment Manager to ensure effective recruitment in all areas
of the business.
•Support and work with managers to ensure the successful induction of the successful candidates into the role and
•To identify and create a succession plan for all key roles within your focus area of the business.
•Drive consistency of approach across the company in attracting, managing and developing talent to support current
and future organisational needs.
•Work closely with all colleagues to ensure that tools and policies are aligned, enhance employee engagement and
ultimately improve performance.
•Provide expert input across a range of HR issues (generalist / specific expertise)
•Design and deliver high impact solutions that meet the needs of the business.
•Coach and build the capability of senior managers to anticipate and pre-empt organisational issues.
•Participate in relevant projects, leading and championing as appropriate the company's reputation as a world class
organisation and employer of choice
•Assist the Senior Leadership team in reinforcing the Leadership competencies within the business.
•Create a high-performance focused culture through personal leadership, teamwork and the development of
individual accountability for performance and compliance to company policies.
•Leading and supporting associates through the performance process, including setting goals and objectives, holding
members to those objectives.
•Preparing development or performance improvement plans in conjunction with line Managers for their teams.
Industrial Relations and Disciplinary processes:
•Coach and advise managers in effective conduct and management of all disciplinary processes
•Complete documentation ensure legislative compliance
•Support the HR team in responding to any personal grievances
•Ensure line managers are trained to chair disciplinary hearings.
Performance Management and Improvement Planning:
•Work with Line Managers to identify performance related issues.
•Provide proactive management coaching to work with employees prior to initiating the formal performance
•Support and guide managers through the formal improvement process.
•Keep up to date with external trends and best practice in the areas of expertise and HR more broadly.
•Continuously drive improvements in tools and policies through external market trends, insight and best practice.
•Proactively share best practice, intelligence and potential company activities within HR function.
•Build relationships and form alliances with external counterparts, communities of practice and stakeholders to scan
for innovations and opportunities to form partnerships
•Be an ambassador for the function and represent the HR team internally and externally (as appropriate).
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
1.Degree/ Diploma in Human Resources
2.Proven work experience as an HR business partner
3.Excellent people management skills
4.Analytical and goal oriented
5.Demonstrable experience with HR metrics
6.Thorough knowledge of labour legislation.
7.Full understanding of all HR functions and best practices
8.Knowledge of current thinking in Human Resources issues and trends
9.Excellent computer literacy is essential especially in MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel.
COMPETENCIES OF THE JOB:
•Is ready and able to take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of the decisions
•Communicates challenges and influences a variety of stakeholders effectively.
•Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to
persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change;
•Adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups.
•Can understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the
requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one's own organisation or job
•Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, set-backs or when dealing
with provocative situations.
•Role models company values and behaviours.
•Good communication skills especially verbal and written English.
•Conflict management skills
•Self-sufficiency in personality and depth of expertise.
•The ability to bounce back from adversity.
•Quick to notice, while slow to take offence.
•Ability to function in a highly pressurized environment