Milpark Education is a private higher education institution that delivers accredited qualifications ranging from undergraduate certificates and degrees, to postgraduate diplomas and degrees, up to the level of Master's and Doctor of Business Administration degrees. Milpark also offers short courses, executive education and continuous professional development. Our qualifications are offered in a range of modes to suit individual requirements: via contact learning (on campus), distance learning and online (off campus).
The Milpark culture is based on four core values:
Milpark has five different Schools, each with its own unique focus:
Milpark College, School of Financial Planning and Insurance, School of Investment and Banking, School of Commerce and Milpark Business School
The Schools operate from campuses in Melville, Johannesburg, and Claremont, Cape Town, as well as from an office in Durban. Milpark has a diverse student body, which includes both school-leavers and employed adults. We offer examinations at 41 venues countrywide, and also accommodate international students.
Milpark Business School offers the only AMBA-accredited online MBA in Africa, and locally, its MBA is ranked No. 2 in South Africa by the PMR.africa rankings.
For more information, visit us at www.milpark.ac.za
Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups, and appointments will be made in line with our EE requirements.
Data administration functions on SAM (Student Administration):
- To manage configuration of all new programmes and modules in SAM as per the system checklist, for all
programmes across all faculties. To ensure that all required data is accurately captured and maintained.
- To be responsible for daily housekeeping and editing functions in SAM including editing of exam dates, formative
dates, venues and pricing.
- To manage annual configuration requirements for each academic year, for all programmes across all faculties. To
ensure that all required information is obtained and accurately captured prior to the commencement of the next
- To be responsible for all data clean up exercises if and when required. To ensure that all student data is kept up
to date and accurate for reporting purposes.
- Manage all website reports linking to SAM.
Data administration functions on Moodle (Student VLE):
- To be responsible for configuration of new modules in Moodle (Student VLE) as per checklist, for all programmes
across all faculties. To ensure that all required data is accurately captured and maintained.
- To manage course page daily maintenance in Moodle (Student VLE) including editing of exam dates and
- To be responsible for annual uploading of assignments and online tests requirements for each academic year, for
all modules across all faculties.
- To be accountable for checking / testing course configuration against the schedule provided to identify and
eliminate errors in configuration.
- To manage schedules and timelines regularly in order to proactively obtain requirements needed for
configuration and to follow up on outstanding requirements.
- To assist in all data clean up exercises if and when required.
Operational IT support:
- Daily maintenance of data queries and reports requested by internal staff via ticket system.
- To assist in all data clean up exercises if and when required. To ensure that all student data is kept up to date and
accurate for reporting purposes.
Good relationships with internal staff and clients:
- Ensure that professional working relationships are established and maintained with all Milpark suppliers,
regulatory authorities and/or other 3rd parties.
- Ensure that all staff are provided with outstanding service excellence with regards to any housekeeping
- Ensure that all relevant staff are continuously trained and provided with the necessary support.
- Ensure that no complaints regarding service or performance are received from clients, students or colleagues.
- The Configuration Administrator should be passionate about Milpark and its services.
- The Milpark set of Values should be prevalent in all conduct by the Configuration Administrator.
- The Configuration Administrator should be committed to continuous self-improvement.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum Matric (Tertiary qualification advantageous).
- Minimum of 2-3 years data administration experience preferable.
- Minimum of 1-2 years moodle experience preferable.
- Advanced computer literacy skills especially in Excel and Visio.
Desired Behavioural Competencies:
- Must be mature, professional and dedicated.
- Demonstrate an analytical and methodical approach to job responsibilities.
- Demonstrate excellent time management, planning and organizing ability.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a pressurised, deadline oriented environment.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and be a team player.
- Must have Excellent English written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrate ability to listen and talk in a good manner.
•Must be service oriented, enthusiastic and driven.
•Must have a Professional telephone and email etiquette as well as customer skills.