An exciting position exists at Pep's Distribution Centre (Kuils River, Cape Town).
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To evaluate system performance, identify user needs and ensure system compliance of all users to ensure SOPs are followed accordingly and analyse system problems to ensure continuous uptime in production environment.
- Ensure all usernames are consistent across all operational systems
- Manage license requirements for all operational systems in the facility to ensure accurate numbers and renewal of required licenses with the respective stakeholders.
- Ensures that procedures exist at relevant facility to guarantee client service, productivity, as well as facilities and equipment maintenance
- Document all system changes and ensure the management of version control is in place for all SOP's relevant to the facility and functions.
- Ensure monthly audits of all onsite IT / EUC hardware equipment and provide assistance to DC management to ensure IT Capex replacement, acquisition and obsolete equipment processes are followed.
- Pre and Post Warehouse Management System (WMS) implementation support and coordination.
- Diagnose system problems, and monitor networks to ensure their availability to users.
- Responsible to test and coordinate modifications to the system when needed, and troubleshoot software and hardware EUC problems when they occur.
- Ensure system compliance by all users to ensure SOP is followed accordingly.
- Effectively build a strong working relationship with Pepkor IT to resolve complex issues.
- Produce and develop operational reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to support operations teams.
- Respond timeously to all inquiries about WMS and/or other related computer / system related issues
- Point of contact for all WMS, WCS, Telematics, Per4mer, Cloud link, Biometrics, G-suite and other operational system issues and must work with vendors to resolve issues timeously.
- Provide support to DC Management team to resolve equipment and or system errors
- Grade 12
- Advanced Certificate in Microsoft office advanced Excel
- Experience with RF/ WCS/WMS
- Wi-Fi experience / RF systems and talkman equipment experience
- 1-2 years systems super user experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, Outlook
- Minimum 3 years of operations' experience working across all departments of warehousing
- Minimum 2 years technical experience working with warehouse management systems, warehouse control systems, production and vehicle telematics systems.
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV, copies of ID, certificates and certificates .
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
PEP strives for equal opportunity in terms of its employment equity guidelines.