West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) is one of the first green field container terminals to be built in Nigeria under public private partnership. WACT is located in Onne port (some 30kms from Port-Harcourt) in Rivers State. We have been successfully connecting East, North, West Central Nigeria and Rivers state to the world. This has been possible through top-quality services, cordial business relations with customers, regular interaction with stakeholders, human resource development, modern handling equipment and superior e-commerce capabilities.
An exciting career opportunity which will give you the opportunity to develop your professional skills in a global environment by achieving expertise and learning on the job.
- Receive and execute instructions and decisions from the Shift-in-Charge or / and MHC & RTG Manger
- Monitor status and performance of the equipment; propose and implement improvement in maintenance practices leading to increased overall performance (reliability & availability) of the equipment.
- Based on equipment usage, plan and scheduled maintenance and repair work according to the IFS computerized maintenance management system, liaise with operations for the availability of the equipment.
- Monitors status of preventative maintenance schedules, to ensure all PM work is being done timely.
- Ensures maximum availability of equipment is maintained for port operations.
- Maximizes resources - equipment and staff - by introducing proper supervision skills to ensure that maximum plant and equipment reliability and norms are achieved.
- Plan, Supervise and pro-actively involves with yearly controls on Mobile Harbor Cranes (MHC), Rubber Tyred Gantry (RTG), Spreaders (SP), Refurbishment of Damaged / Replacement parts and other equipment.
- Plan, Supervise, follow up and carry out repairs to defects as per Examiners defect list. To ensure safe working and minimize breakdowns to machinery and equipment.
- Ensure adherence to established safety practices in the execution of assignments and in the use of tools, equipment and machinery
- Provide correct information on Work Orders and other job documentation, ensuring an accurate record of work performed, time taken to complete work, spare parts and materials used etc
- If needed, perform minor repairs on tools and equipment in accordance with manufacturer's instruction/manual; Follow up and provide clean and safe work environment and ensures waste disposal is performed as per company procedures.
- Conduct Daily Safety Toolbox Talks with his subordinates and properly record them.
- Follow up, supervise and log the man hours extended on each activity; Plan, supervise and log hour meter readings for all equipment on a shift basis for PM scheduling and report data to Maintenance Planners. Liaise with maintenance Planners on all issues about Planned Maintenance.
We are looking for
- Senior Secondary School Certificate with one of the following
- a) University Bachelor Degree Electrical / Mechanical
- b) Diploma in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
- c) Trade Test Certificate Electrical / Mechanical engineering.
- Additional training in both electrical and mechanical fields is preferred
- Additional training in supervising / managing people is preferred
- Sound knowledge of Mobile Harbor Cranes, Rubber Tyred Gantry, Spreaders and associated equipment will be an advantage
- At least 3-7-year experience as Fore-man in Mechanic and / or electrician in Mobile Harbor Cranes, Rubber Tyred Gantry and Spreaders.
- Must be Self-motivated, Analytical and systematic
- Knowledge of wide range of mechanical and electrical equipment, industrial control systems, variable drive systems, hydraulic, pneumatic systems and their controls.
- Knowledge and ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics, service & parts manuals for various equipment.
- Must be able to read and understand hydraulic and electrical diagrams, troubleshoot / diagnose / identify electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic problems, and provide direction and supervision for solutions.
- Ability to be responsive to emergency repairs with quality workmanship and service.
- Ability to learn fast
- PC Literacy