West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) is one of the first green field container terminals to be built in Nigeria under public private partnership. WACT is located in Onne port (some 30kms from Port-Harcourt) in Rivers State. We have been successfully connecting East, North, West Central Nigeria and Rivers state to the world. This has been possible through top-quality services, cordial business relations with customers, regular interaction with stakeholders, human resource development, modern handling equipment and superior e-commerce capabilities.
An exciting career opportunity which will give you the opportunity to develop your professional skills in a global environment by achieving expertise and learning on the job.
- Receive and execute instructions and decisions from the MHC & RTG Supervisor
- Conduct, Co-ordinate and pro-actively involved with yearly controls on MHC, RTG, Spreaders and other equipment.
- Involves self on all aspects of repairs and maintenance, refurbishments, projects and new equipment to ensure that quality and deadlines are met and in line with budget. Perform other related functions required from time to time such as assistance with major emergency work
- Liaises with Maintenance Planners and operations for the booking out of the MHC, RTG, Spreaders and other equipment for examining, repairing, servicing and refurbishments
- Ensures that work done complies with safety standards and is of a high quality
- Provide technical specialist support to mechanics and electricians during equipment breakdowns thereby minimizing the impact on the operations
- Follow up and carry out repairs to defects as per Examiners defect list. To ensure safe working and minimize breakdowns to machinery and equipment
- Follow up all repairs timorously and effectively ensures equipment failure is minimized and availability of equipment is optimized in the most cost-effective manner
- As required, identify spare parts and tools required for breakdown work
- Provide Work Order planning information as required to Maintenance Planner
- Provide expertise for repairs on mechanical components and hydraulic circuits, control systems and electrical component elements. This includes the modification of components and servicing techniques in conjunction with the MHC & RTG Supervisor to improve efficiency
We are looking for
- High school diploma and additional vocational / technical education Trade Test /Certificate / Diploma as Mechanic, Electrical, engineering.
- Additional training in both electrical and mechanical fields is preferred.
- Experience on Mobile Harbor Cranes, Rubber Tyred Gantry and Spreaders
- 1-5-year experience as Mechanic and / or Electrician in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants plus shift working experience
- Ability to learn fast
- PC Literate is an advantage
- Basic Electrical Knowledge
- Ability to troubleshoot / diagnose / identify electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic problems, and provide direction for solutions.
- Knowledge of wide range of mechanical and electrical equipment, industrial control systems, variable drive systems, hydraulic, pneumatic systems and their controls.