Key Account Manager - Jumia (Full Time)
Who we are
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers. Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery. With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey
As Key Account Manager, Computing you will have the end to end responsibility of the customer experience and growth of our largest Brand accounts. Your role is to bring in the relevant assortment, design targeted promotions, and manage partners including sellers and brands.
In particular you will:
- Planning : Develop and manage subcategories under Jumia. Maintain the P&L and develop annual and quarterly category strategic plans by conducting financial analysis of the business.
- Product Development/Management : Define assortment priorities for your category and overseeing acquisition of new vendors. Manage the entire physical product lifecycle, from strategic activities to tactical implementation, including product portfolio idea generation.
- Business Management : Ensure continuous growth of our existing business by growing assortment; managing brands end to end; ensuring price competitiveness vs. competition at all times; and managing stock availability by coordinating teams across the business to bring the product to the customer.
- Supply Chain Management : Partner with Jumia Services to improve product availability, reduce costs, and maximize efficient order fulfillment.
- Communication : Influence large number stakeholders across the business; work closely with the team members and other business groups to deliver results, and be comfortable in presenting projects and results to senior leadership on a regular basis.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field from a recognised and accredited University
- Minimum of 6+ years of relevant professional experience within an e-commerce, retail merchandising or category management role
- Experience working with top computing brands and scaling new businesses
- Adequate knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
- Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, and exceptional organizational skills are essential.
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment is essential for success.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of l eaders