Maersk is looking to hire a Corridor Design and Optimization Manager to join our team in Nairobi. She/he will be responsible to drive product design and implementation from an execution standpoint, drive efficiencies in the execution of physical inland products (rail, truck, intercont. rail, warehousing, distribution, depot, EMR, CHB) to achieve key results as per SLA. Support the Area Delivery Team in continuous optimisation of new and existing capabilities in a safe and compliant manner thriving for high customer experience. Improves process performance and ensures cost control.
At Maersk, you'll be part of a global team motivated by bringing food and commodities to people in every corner of the world. We do this through close partnerships with our valued customers, who trade everything from seafood and fruits, to clothes, electronics and cars! No matter our role in the Region our end goal is to simplify the lives of our customers. This is done through seamless processes, best in class digital solutions, and great customer service! So, we offer:
i. Results orientation
ii. Improved commercial and leadership capabilities
iii. Interaction within broader Area for best practice sharing
iv. Creating network within the global organization
v. Understand market and customer drivers
vi. Improve understanding of how best to generate profit for Maersk
Moreover, you will expand your customer network and enrich your market and product knowledge while enhancing the Maersk's leadership position and contributing to the continuous success of the Maersk organization.
- Drive operational efficiency - Optimize asset utilization to drive cost leadership and service levels including but not limited to right mix of transportation (where we have intermodal moves), driving the right asset footprint and implementing standard business processes.
- Solution development - Partnering Product teams to translate customer contracts into clear operational plans for the front-line Teams.
- Ensure planning and optimization of Area capacity uptake for insourced physical local services provided (e.g. warehousing, depot storage)
- Develop plans to deliver on services sold to customers
- Drive continuous improvement of Area operations (efficiency)
- Ensure smooth and seamless delivery of products and drive Customer satisfaction
- Meeting relevant Maersk compliance and local regulations
- Driving cost leadership in the market
We are looking for• Minimum 5 years of Logistic/Supply Chain Experience.
- Strong experience in Logistic Implementation and Process Improvement
- Strong knowledge of local logistics operations and systems
- Strategic planner
- Stakeholder Management
- Process orientation
- Cost drive
- Vendor relationship
- Customer experience for new Customers
- Capacity / uptake planning for delivery of inland operations
- Optimal utilization of Assets