Our Client in the FMCG Sector seeks to recruit a Warehouse Executive whose overall purpose is:
- Custodian of stock (saleable + merchandising) assets:
- To be responsible for the ordering, receipt, safe custody and issue of Stocks in all stock locations (including any consignment stocks that may be approved from time to time).
- Demand planning:
- To determine stock requirements and forecast both short term and future needs.
- To maintain optimal stock levels based on the ongoing consumptions, forecasts and lead-times.
a)STOCK MANAGEMENT AND INVENTORY CONTROL
Physical Stock Management and Warehouse Operations systems
- Operate a security system that safeguards stock and addresses safety as an integral part of company business processes.
- Maintain a continual count and record of all stock items. Achieve zero stock loss.
- Ensure warehouse arrangements are optimized for space utilization and easy identification/count of all stocks daily in less than 1 hr.
- Ensure all movement of stocks are correctly recorded or invoiced and cash collected and banked for all sales.
- Ensure 100% accuracy in all document processing.
- Undertake daily reconciliation of the following records
- Physical stocks
- Stocks as per sub-ledger
- Stocks as per general ledger.
And report to the Logistics Manager any discrepancies between the 3 records above, not later than 24 hours after discovery of any such discrepancy.
b)MANAGEMENT OF WAREHOUSE STAFF
Supervise all regular and part time staff to ensure workflow is efficient and accurate.
- To work safely and to promote safe working practices. Achieve zero accidents in and out of the workplace.
- Adhere to list price and approved (in writing) of any discounts
- Not to allow credit without approval from Country Manager
- University Degree
- Diploma in Business Administration/Purchasing & Supplies/ warehouse Management
- 5 years experience in a similar position