Our Client, in the Manufacturing sector seeks to recruit a Finance Manager who will be responsible for GL controls, SOX & regulatory compliance, audit management , tax compliance and statutory.
1. Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), company
2. procedures/ policies and SOX, quarterly review of policy and SOX compliance.
3. Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
4. Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions
( journals) within designated limits.
5. Ensuring branch consolidation is accurate and done in accordance with IFRS and US GAAP.
6. Compiles and analyses financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, cost centers and documents business transactions.
7. Responsible for ensuring the correctness of the GL, master data and cost Centre codes by performing monthly variance analysis required and providing explanation for the movement.
8. Responsible for handling, smooth management and implementation of both Internal and external audit process and recommendations across the business.
9. Determines the GL and cost Centre account opening.
10. Applies cost accounting methods to achieve accurate representation of cost Centre performance.
11. Responsible for ensuring correctness of productions accounting and accuracy of inventory level and bi annual inventory count.
12. Assist with annual budgets - prepares all allocations;
13. Coordinate monthly closing process and review reconciliation of all general ledger accounts at least quarterly ensuring that all reconciling items are closed within a 30days. Reviewing bank account reconciliations on a weekly basis. On a monthly basis ensuring that the sub ledger, general ledger ties.
14. Responsible for ensuring compliance of all taxes and regulatory obligations.
15. Develop and implement various accounting procedures.
16. Preparation of the annual statutory accounts and consolidated financial statements under IFRS.
Prepares work papers and supporting schedules for the annual financial review.
17. Work with both internal and external auditors during financial and operational audits.
18. Maintain system of accounts and keep records on all company transactions and assets.
19. Report, analyses, and ensure integrity of all financial information.
20. Ensuring that the customer, vendor, product and bank masters are correct.
21. Quarterly review of the Authority Schedule and Access Rights
22. Monthly review and sign of the Trial Balance.
23. To ensure accurate information is contained in the payroll master file so that remuneration payments are made only to genuine employees, at correct rates taking into account all appropriate deductions and allowances.
24. Staff management and development.
25. Any other task that you may be called upon to carry out
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 5-8 years Experience
- CPA (K)
- Analytical Skills
- People management skills
- He /she must be self-driven with a "can do" attitude and passion to achieve results under minimum supervision.
- Exceptional financial skills, including advanced excel abilities.
- Highly-organized with ability to multi-task.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with managers and employees at all levels.
- Team player. Collaborates with internal and external resources to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates confidence and maturity in client facing situations.
- Professionally represents the Company's Sales Team at all times.
- Ability to take direction from, and support, multiple managers.
- Committed to standards of the highest professionalism and ethical behaviour.
- Handles confidential information with discretion.