Regional Internal Audit Manager - East/South Africa
Who we are
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
The Regional Internal AuditManager is responsible for evaluating the adequacy and operationaleffectiveness of Jumia’s risk management, internal control and governanceprocesses. He/she shall plan and execute audit assignments to ensure thatpeople, processes and tools operate according to defined policies, standards,procedures and applicable laws and regulations. Overall, his/her assignmentsshall provide a reasonable assurance whether significant financial andoperational risks are appropriately identified and managed and whetherfinancial information is accurately, completely and timely reported.
● Develop a thorough understandingof the business, risks and processes for assigned projects;
● Implement the approved audit planincluding any special tasks or projects requested by Management or the Risk& Audit Committee;
● Plan and execute audits of operational, IT andfinancial processes, systems and applications; (covering our regionaloperations with 50 to 60% travel time);
● Be a key influencer of operational efficiencyand well controlled change management;
● Present findings to management and providepractical recommendations for improvement and actively monitor audit relatedremediation and management action plans;
● Participate in preparing relevant material to bereviewed by the Risk & Audit Committee;
● Identify emerging issues that mayimpact the audit plan;
● Maintain a consolidated assessmentframework (Risk & Controls Matrix) on the adequacy and effectiveness of theorganization’s processes; for monitoring its control maturity and managing itsrisks;
● Maintain a professional auditknowledge, skills, experience, and professional certifications to meet therequirements of the internal audit function.
● Reporting to the Group Head ofInternal Audit
● Bachelor/ Master in accounting,finance, administration or business;
● 7-8 years of internal/externalaudit experience preferably with big 4 practice firm;
● Professional qualifications willbe a plus (CPA, ACCA, CIA, etc.);
● Strong background and experiencewith audit methodologies and techniques;
● In-depth knowledge of GAAP/IFRSguidelines and Sarbanes-Oxley rules and regulations;
● Practical and creative insuggesting recommendations for improvements to internal control processes,policies and procedures;
● Excellent analytical skills foridentifying control issues;
● Excellent communication skills (writingand speaking) in English
● French is a must for the West& Central Africa role
● Advanced skills in Microsoftoffice, with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.