As a brand with Africa as the center of its business operations, UBA strongly believes in Africa and its people with emphasis on being global. We are driving the renaissance of the African economy through innovation in Banking, having successfully built a strong domestic and international brand with footprints in 20 African countries, London, Paris and New York.
Our strong presence on the African continent is deliberate and it reflects our love for diversity and a multicultural system. We have about 15,000 multilingual, ethnically varying and highly diverse people who reflect the richness, multiplicity and uniqueness of the twenty (20) African countries we operate.
Here at UBA, each person's contribution is valued and is important to the overall vision of the company. Your career growth is of utmost importance to us, that's why you deserve more than a job. You deserve a tribe. Working in UBA admits you into our tribe. You will do the work that you love, one that matters to you and will be involved in cross functional projects across all our geographies. You become a part of the culture built and nurtured on values, resilience and dedication, a culture that make us a role model for African businesses.
One Bank, One Culture, One People. We are a tribe, join us.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and monitor Strategy, guidelines, processes & policies necessary for driving an effective talent management system for the bank.
- Ensure effective implementation of talent management frameworks, procedure and policies, such as coaching, mentoring, promotion, performance incentive schemes, MVP programs, career pathing, job rotation and succession planning.
- Review effectiveness of talent management initiatives within the group and recommend improvements
- Coordinate talent review sessions Group wide with the aim of planning business successions and staff development programs
- Manage the development and execution of performance contracts and execute promotion commitments.
- To act as a "one stop shop" for HR recruitment queries from staff and the general public wherever possible.
- To be familiar with HR policies, procedures and guidance so as to provide accurate and up to date information.
- Working with the Group Head, Human Resources to support group initiatives such as community of practice, employer branding, Investors in People and being an ambassador for HR.
- To co-operate with audits and inspections to ensure high standards of customer services and the protection of vulnerable people as appropriate through recruitment.
- To develop knowledge of current and proposed legislation and regulatory requirements and best practice.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Group Head, Human Resources
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related humanities.
- Additional Educational qualification - MBA, MSC is required + Compulsory Professional HR-related certification [CIPD, SHRM, CIPM, GPHR]
- 6-8 years' experience with about 3 years proven working experience as a Team Lead, Supervisor and/or managerial function.
- Experience in developing and implementing HR strategies that align with recruitment and retention; talent management; employee relations; organizational development and engagement.
Knowledge & Competencies
- Demonstrable experience with data analytics and human resources metrics
- In-depth knowledge of strategic human resources
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Technical Recruitment Skills & Strategies
- Knowledge/usage of digital Tools and Techniques to source for qualified talents.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships across the junior, middle and senior management cadres
- Experience in the financial services industry is an added advantage.