Key Account Manager, Computing - Jumia (Full Time)
Who we are: Jumia Group
Jumia is the leading e-commerce player in Africa. Jumia was founded in 2012 in Nigeria with a clear mission, to relentlessly build the most effortless and reliable online shopping environment, providing consumers with the widest range of genuine products at low prices. Jumia has now expanded to 15 countries with over 4,000 employees across Africa, integrated most of the value chain from our own delivery fleet to our customer service and our own warehouse.
Jumia is part of Jumia Group , a leading global incubator of startups specialized in e-commerce. Jumia Group is Africa's leading internet firm, with already over 14 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia eCommerce, Jumia Food, Jumia Cars, Jumia House and Jumia Travel. It is led by very talented people offering a great mix of local and international profiles.
Jumia Group has 7 investors, MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, CDC , and Goldman Sachs . The group went public by listing on the NYSE in 2019 as the first African Tech Start-Up to do so.
Africa is one of the fastest-growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia Group steps in.
We are currently looking for exceptional people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey.
As Key Account Manager, you will have the end to end responsibility of the customer experience and growth of our largest Brand accounts. Your role is to bring in the relevant assortment, design targeted promotions, and manage partners including sellers and brands.
- Planning : Develop and manage subcategories under Jumia. Maintain the P&L and develop annual and quarterly category strategic plans by conducting financial analysis of the business.
- Product Development : Manage the entire physical product lifecycle, from strategic activities to tactical implementation, including product portfolio idea generation. Work closely with the vendor management team to identify vendors and negotiate contracts to ensure the best quality and costs.
- Business Management : Ensure continuous growth of our existing business by growing assortment; managing brands end to end; ensuring price competitiveness vs competition at all times; and managing stock availability by coordinating teams across the business to bring the product to the customer.
- Supply Chain Management : Partner with Jumia Services to improve product availability, reduce costs, and minimize our working capital investment. Work together with system teams to identify main opportunities for process automation and efficiency gains.
- Communications : Influence large number stakeholders across the business; work closely with the team members and other business groups to deliver results, and be comfortable in presenting projects and results to senior leadership on a regular basis.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field from a recognised and accredited University
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment preferably in a Sales/ Marketing role
- FMCG experience is a must, preferably in modern trade
- Adequate knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
- Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, and exceptional organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, with attention to detail.
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment is essential for success.