The position of Student Support Administrator is in the Student Support Department (Cape Town) and is responsible for ensuring that all student queries are resolved quickly and promptly, whether they are through walk-ins, email or by telephone. Where necessary queries will need to be cascaded to relevant staff or meetings set up subject matter experts.
This is a Maternity Leave stand in for a fixed period from 2 December 2019 - 14 May 2020 with no possibility of permanence.
Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups, and appointments will be made in line with our EE requirements.
Resolving student queries promptly and accurately:
- To assist all students with various enquiries whether, academic or administrative and achieve a 24 hour turn- around.
- To ensure that queries are allocated to relevant departments, but remain accountable for the query resolution within the 24 hour cycle and
communication to student.
- To document all queries and signed off as per policies and procedures.
- To have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of all academic and administrative policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all documentation provided to other departments for further action has been checked accurately before
- Ensure that the uploading of documents is done correctly and effectively for Learnerships. (Remarks, AC, Refunds etc).
- Ensuring that all queries are resolved quickly and promptly within the agreed SLA, whether they are through walk-ins, email or by telephone.
Good relationships with students and colleagues
- To uphold good relationships with our students, customers and colleagues.
- To ensure that no complaints regarding service or performance are received from students and clients.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the Milpark organisational policies and procedures.
- Ensure that you are fully aware of the functionality of the various systems and tools as required in the student services team.
- Ensure that you fully understand the details of the Milpark portfolio of Educational Products & Programmes.
- Ensure that all deadlines / critical dates pertaining to SSD are adhered to according to academic planners, rosters etc.
- Assist Sales team with contacting all interested students for marketing purposes and that follow ups are maintained.
Desired Behavioural Competencies
- Alignment to the behaviours as defined by Milpark's Values (see above)
- Able to work under pressure
- Committed Team player
- Passionate about education
- Persuasive & Assertive
- Professional & Reliable
- Quality orientated
- Service orientated/ Customer service focused
- Strong Business Ethics and Ethos
- Ability to listen and talk in a good manner
- Ability to plan
- High Level of attention to accuracy and quality
Education & Experience Requirements
- Minimum of a Grade 12 Qualification
- At least 3 years' experience in a Customer Service Environment
- Customer service or advising experience in an Educational Environment entailing one on one interaction is highly preferred.
- Ability to use technology (Excel, Outlook, Web, databases, CRM/Salesforce)
- High Level verbal and written communication skills
- Good telephone etiquette and customer service skills