Educor is the largest private education supplier in Southern Africa., managing 10 educational brands across its more than 60 campuses and sites in South Africa and internationally. As a Group we possess a rich heritage with brands that have been in existence for many years. Since our inception in 2008, Educor has evolved into an education giant offering face-to-face, distance and online learning. Our face to face brands include Damelin, CityVarsity, ICESA and Central Technical College. Distance brands include INTEC College, Damelin Correspondence College (DCC) and our higher-education distance brand, Lyceum.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Involved in high quality teaching and research activities for the department to which he or she is assigned, particularly in the overarching delivery and development of assigned subject. Lecturing activities are held to the guidelines as set out by the assessment handbook, quality control council standards and teaching and learning guide of the institution (including updates and amendments). The post holder will also participate in wider activities undertaken by CityVarsity.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Content development
- Teaching and learning
- Setting, moderation and marking of assessments
- Bachelor of Arts(Hons)- Specialising in New Media Development (Web Development)
- Five years Creative Media Industry and/or three years Creative Media School lecturing experience.
- Possess specialist knowledge in the discipline to develop teaching and/or research programmes and the provision of learning support.
- Specialisation in Coding for web development
- Team player who is flexible/adaptable
- Strong leadership qualities, passionate about education and student development
- Time management skills - ability to follow and meet institutional and departmental deadlines.
- Organisational and administrative skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to assist remotely
- Technical skills required by the module assigned
- Active participant in own professional development including awareness of requirements set out by quality councils, institutional standards and policies.
- Involvement in professional, national and international bodies/boards that are related to his/her discipline expertise. Specialised skills in the following applications are mandatory:
ojSON-LD, Ajax, SEO, PHP, MySQL,
oUI & UX Design