PASA is the payment system management body recognised by the South African Reserve Bank (SARB), in terms of the National Payment System Act of 1998, to organise, manage and regulate the participation of its members in the payment system. The purpose of this role is to ensure the effective administration of the end-to-end monitoring and exit processes in the debit order business in PASA.
The IT Service Desk is the central point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests. The role of the Desktop Support Technician is to provide second line support for all staff. The desktop Support Technician is responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting Staff satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands.
Education and Experience Required:
- Good general level of education with English Language and Mathematics;
- A+ and N+;
- Experience with HP Switches and Fortigate Firewalls;
- Previous experience of working in an IT support role;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and MAC client operating systems as well as various software packages including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Experience within a customer service role; and
- 2 years' work experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Microsoft Systems (Windows 10, Server 2016);
- Understanding of Filesite;
- SAS Storage;
- Microsoft Exchange;
- MS SQL;
- Information Security;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the telephone and in writing;
- Has an understanding on how a Boardroom Facility operates;
- Ability to demonstrate practical troubleshooting and problem analysis techniques;
- Good attention to detail and ability to show initiative;
- Ability to plan and priorities work load without supervision;
- Ability to priorities, manage and perform under pressure;
- Excellent knowledge of Customer Service best practice; and
- Willing to work flexibly and with enthusiasm.
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents including operating systems and across a range of software applications
- To assist all our users with any logged IT and Facility related incidents when called upon.
- To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the User as soon as possible escalating incidents when needed to the IT Manager
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the Service desk system.
- The install and configure new equipment.
- To resolve IT incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non- technical colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- To maintain a first class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
•To be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
•To create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all staff in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
•Exhibit a flexible approach to working on a Priority basis and provide necessary cover where needed.
•Be willing to attend training as necessary to keep up to date with the latest technology and internal system processes.
•To work within the relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
•To participate in the Annual Performance Development Review Process.
•To actively support equality and diversity policies of PASA.
•Working within the OSHA Act, the post holder has a legal duty to take reasonable care for Health and Safety both for themselves and others who may be affected by their actions. They are also required to undertake Health and Safety training commensurate with the level required by the post and to take part in risk assessment procedures and the implementation of agreed recommended work practices within the area.
•Undertaking other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility