Dynamic Fluid Control, a local manufacturer of valves, has a unique and diversified portfolio of products catering for the mineral processing, power generation, water and affluent markets. We have a strong strategic approach towards active participation in global markets.
The incumbent will be responsible to administer the payroll function and offer support to internal and external customers. Provide advice, guidance and direction to line management and employees in respect of all payroll management processes, policies, and procedures.
Responsible for the provision of an effective general and Payroll support:
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of the monthly and weekly payroll for approximately 360 employees on the Sage People 300 payroll system (This includes the entire cycle of payroll processing from time management, capturing of new employees, leave, terminations etc.)
- Review and ensure accuracy of approved advances, travel and overtime claims;
- Responsible for the coordination between payroll and human resources, to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data
- Maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorization
- Generating of reports
- Maintain a proper document control system
- Keep abreast with company policies and tax legislations that impact on remuneration
- Communicate payroll changes to the HR Manager
- Apply for tax directives where necessary
- Submitting all medical aid and pension fund applications, after checking that all required information has been received, and following up where necessary for outstanding information.
- Preparation, maintenance and distribution of third party schedules and payments
- Handle payroll and other general enquiries appropriately
- Maintain accurate and current data on the payroll system
- Support the delivery of efficient payroll service
- Print and issue payslips
- All ad hoc administration functions
- Ensure payroll protocols are maintained always
- Maintain accuracy and verify the time management system
- Grade 12
- Payroll administration certificate
- Qualification in HR or related field would be advantageous
- Minimum 3 years related work experience (or other jobs that prepared you for this role)
- Minimum 3 years SAGE People Experience
- Working knowledge of SEIFSA Main Agreement
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Good understanding of payroll systems and processes (Sage People 300, ESS)
- Solid knowledge of HR principles, processes and procedures
- Knowledge of the relevant labour related legislation i.e. BCEA, UIF, SARS tables
- Working knowledge on SARS requirements
- Strong computer literate especially in Microsoft Applications and SAGE People 300
- Good planning, organisational and analytical skills.
- Capable of working with numbers and numerical/mathematical concepts e.g. manual payslip calculations
- Appreciates and understands the need for confidentiality in dealing with all HR and business issues.
•Good blend of people/task orientation
•Build and maintain effective relationships and networks
•Accepting and tackling demanding goals, demonstrate a 'can-do' attitude
•Maintain composure under pressure and deal effectively with stress and adverse conditions
•Adherence to deadlines and enthusiastically productive