HealthPlus Limited, Nigeria's first integrative pharmacy, is the fastest-growing pharmacy chain in West Africa. We are committed to our mission of helping people achieve optimum health and vitality, while delivering superior value to stakeholders. Our vision is to be Africa's #1 for pharmacy, wellness and beauty. Recently, we secured significant foreign investment from our partners to scale up our network of retail outlets and our online business. This strategy will give us unparalleled reach across the country and beyond.
CasaBella Beauty, is a one-stop store for beauty and grooming solutions for men and women. CasaBella International was incorporated in 2008 and became the exclusive distributor for Revlon in Nigeria. The first CasaBella store opened in Lagos in 2010 and today, CasaBella Beauty is the fastest-growing retailer of beauty supplies in West Africa.
Our success is based on our great people, great values and a winning corporate culture. Our people are passionate, driven and committed to continuous learning in order to maintain our edge. Our testimonial is that we are proud to be members of the HealthPlus family as we are offered a strong platform to explore our potentials. We believe in best practices always and therefore employ and retain the best talents.
As we expand our frontiers to redefine the world of health & beauty in Nigeria, we are looking for result driven individuals who will roll up their sleeves and share our passion & success. People who will join our team of highly motivated professionals who get the job done!
No matter what your job title is, the work you do at HealthPlus supports the health and well-being of the millions of men, women and children who turn to us for care. That is because all of us - from our talented business professionals at the head office and our experts in our retail locations who serve our communities - are committed to providing the best possible service experience.
With locations across Nigeria, we offer the opportunity to build a rewarding career in an environment that supports your success.
The Risk Manager has the responsibility to manage and direct risk management and control activities within the department. The position is primarily responsible for coordinating internal control, risk identification, risk assessment, risk mitigation, risk monitoring and reporting.
- Initiate, execute and monitor programs for the implementation of HealthPlus' Risk Management framework.
- Develop, communicate and monitor the Company's risk appetite, key risk indicators and risk tolerances in pursuit of business objectives and
provide Management with periodic status reports to embed the risk management culture in decision making process at all levels of the
- Drive standardisation in risk assessment approach across departments, including consistency across risk register maintenance, identifying
common elements across risks, mapping relationships and dependencies between risks requirements and expectations in Health Plus.
- Design and implement an overall risk management process for Health Plus including determination of the financial and non-financial impact
on Health Plus.
- Review business processes for the identification of risk applicable to the business.
- Periodically scan operating environment for emerging risks.
- Carry out periodic risk assessment sessions to help prioritize identified risks.
- In conjunction with the process owners, develop and document mitigating strategies for assessed risks.
- Create risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training on risk management issues to staff.
- Report on identified risks and risk assessment progress to senior management.
- Deploy risk and control self assessment (RCSA) in Health Plus.
- Design and implement an Internal Control Framework
- Identify opportunities for improving controls and make the necessary recommendation to improve the related processes.
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities and procedures relating to internal controls over financial
- Resolve all identified internal control issues with process owners by applying effective collaboration and facilitation skills with them.
- Liaise with top management and disseminate the requisite information to Management to aid internal control compliance, knowledge and
- Assist in project management by applying techniques to assess project objectives and risks, develop estimates of resources, monitor task
completion and promptly escalate to avoid barriers
- Identify and help to implement recommendations on Health Plus' inefficiencies on internal controls
- Bachelor's degree in any relevant course
- Minimum of eight years relevant work experience in Risk Management, Audit and Finance
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills
- Effective and Efficient Business writing skills
- Numerate, with good finance abilities and capable of managing budgets
- Strong forecasting and planning skills; able to correct assess the needs of the Business
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Sound analytical reasoning
- Demonstrate sound decision making & problem solving skills
- Good negotiation skills
- High level of Integrity
- Excellent Interpersonal & people skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong emotional intelligence
- High level of personal effectiveness; able to prioritize and manage time