The Aurum Institute is offering a great opportunity to suitably qualified and experienced staff to contribute towards our mission to improve the health of people and communities through innovation in Global Health Research, Systems and Delivery.
The following position has become available and you are welcome to apply should you meet the requirements of the post
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
- Provide training and workplace mentoring to public sector Health Service Managers on management and administration of a health service. The 1-year curriculum covers:
oComputer literacy skills
oLeadership and self-management skills
oCommunity profiling, operational planning and budgeting, and expenditure control
oHuman resource management
oInfrastructure and Facility Organisation
oPharmacy services management
oHealth information management
- Assess learner competence in critical management knowledge and skills in accordance with SETA principles
- Coordinate and/or perform all relevant communication, administration, logistics and reporting activities related to the programme
- Coordinate the activities of other staff involved in implementing the programme, and manage the performance of direct reports.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree in the Health sciences
- Post-graduate qualification in Public Health, Health Service Management, or General Management
- An Assessor qualification or other Training qualification would be advantageous
- Minimum 12 years' work experience in the healthcare environment
- At least 4 years' experience in health service management
- Experience in training and mentoring an advantage
- Must have own car and valid driver's license, and be able to undertake occasional overnight travel
Whilst all applications will be carefully considered, only short-listed applicants will be interviewed. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this will mean that your application has been unsuccessful. All interviewed applicants will receive feedback as part of our continued drive towards people development.
The Aurum Institute is an equal-opportunity employer and reserves the right not to make an appointment.