The business change area is responsible for the execution of various initiatives to enable The company in achieving their strategic objectives. The opportunity exists for an energetic, self motivated, experienced individual to join the business change team to manages projects small, medium and/or large projects, which have varied degrees of complexity, have multi-faceted change and communications elements and which can have significant business impact.
This role is responsible for all activities relating to the project execution process i.e.
- Project scoping and planning: Ability to initiate a project and is capable of eliciting the necessary information to scope and plan the project
utilizing project planning tools i.e. MS project
- Executing: Has the necessary leadership skill and experience to mobilize, lead and drive teams to execute the project in line with the
Software Development Lifecycle Concepts and/or AGILE methodologies,
- Monitoring: Utilizes skill, experience and monitoring processes to monitor progress of the project, identify, manage and control
risks/dependencies relating to the triple constraints, and communicate status to stakeholders at various levels.
- Reporting: Has the capability to articulate project progress (scope, time, cost, resources, quality) into meaningful well documented status
- Resource planning: Is able to utilize skill and experience to estimate project and task duration and forecast resource demand accordingly
- Financial management: Is able to utilize skill and experience to forecast project spend and to construct & manage project budgets i.e.
planned, actual and forecasted spend at various stages of the project life-cyle
- Supplier management: Able to work with and manage external suppliers, produce, negotiate and validate Statement of Work documents in
order to control delivery and spend and address delivery issues/risks
- Stakeholder management: Able to effectively manage and communicate with stakeholders at senior levels of the organization, plan for and
run effective Steering Committee meetings and manage and effectively manage their delivery and/or supply/demand concerns
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
- Ultimately accountable for leading and directing project teams to execute projects
- Leads, facilitates and directs the project planning effort and develops/maintains the project management plan/schedule
- Determines the team structure according to size of the project and forecasts & secures the resource requirements needed to successfully
complete it (both skills and size of team)
- Ultimately accountable for leading, directing and coaching the project team and manages the work effort.
- Actively identifies and manages the risk of execution and change, reporting any key risks proactively to the o Delivery Lead, Head of
Business Change and Project Sponsor/Steering Committee
- Has overall responsibility for project risk management and establishing effective controls.
- Accountable for the completion of all project management deliverables to required level of quality.
- Presents updates in STC meetings, although has no voting authority; responsible for formally recording actions and decisions from the
- Facilitates the delivery of the project solution to support the benefits realization phase.
- Tracking key project metrics, issues, risks, changes and to produce monthly status reports.
- Project manages large teams (could be geographically dispersed) including external providers
- Project management office
- Project/Program managers and sponsors of related project(s) and program(s) if applicable
- Other functions representatives impacted by assigned project(s)
- Outsource partners, suppliers and consultants
- Technology experts
Qualification and Experience
- Project Management Diploma/PMP Certification
- B-Degree (Beneficial)
- Financial Services
- 9+ years of experience in a project management environment including at least 6 years as a Project Manager
- Implementation of projects with high experience in technical integration
- Project Management (PMBOK)
- Agile/Waterfall Delivery Methods
•Understanding methodologies and tools
•Communication and Change management
•Inspiring and building commitment