Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world. ” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence : We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion : We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity : We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration : We know our sum is greater than our parts
About the role:
We are seeking a transformational, strategic and innovative human to lead and oversee global talent acquisition, operations and analytics for all of Andela’s corporate functions.
This is a highly visible role, reporting into the Head of People, partnering with leadership enterprise-wide and critical to the execution of our long-term business strategy. You will be responsible for optimizing the global talent acquisition strategies, brand building, process improvement and growing the capabilities/efficiencies of our Staff Recruiting team .
You will shape the future of talent acquisition by building a high volume talent acquisition org.
Key Responsibilities will include:
Commercial and Team Leadership
- Cultivate a high-performing recruiting organisation - with an emphasis on building a best in class sales and corporate recruiting team.
- Lead the Staff Recruiting team to hire high quality talent, consistently hitting targets
- Drive initiatives that inspire an insight driven approach to talent acquisition effectively at all levels of the organization across the uniquely cross-cultural Andela environment.
- Create and manage annual and quarterly operational planning process; working collaboratively with cross functional leaders.
- Partner with business leaders to set and drive strategy, goals, process, and metrics.
- Partner with functional leadership to determine workforce planning, talent development strategies with a focus on high quality, cost effectiveness and timely execution.
- Develop and execute a competitive talent strategy that will ensure that the business attracts and hires the exceptional talent for each function
- Establish a comprehensive digital marketing strategy that drives talent acquisition and brand recognition for Andela
- Anticipate emerging talent requirements and proactively developing solutions to meet them and/or head off short-term critical talent shortages.
- Collaborate effectively with our global engineering talent acquisition function to achieve economies of scale and share best practices
Modernize and Optimize Staff Recruiting
- Plan and deploy the infrastructure and architecture of our global staff recruiting engine.
- Design and implement employer branding, recruitment marketing using industry best practice and data driven strategies
Team Leadership & Change Management
- Take an awesome team to the next level - design diverse career paths & growth opportunities for your team.
- Provide direct support and coaching to your team as they help their direct reports through possible transitions and strategy changes
- Ensure quality is priority at all times and enable your team to keep this at the top of their minds
Here’s a bit of who you are:
- You care deeply about quality and people
- You are a futuristic thinker who’s excited to work in a dynamic and truly global environment
- You are comfortable and experienced in executive level stakeholder engagement and strategic leadership.
- You have a proven track record in leading high-performing, high-volume talent acquisition groups and driving cross-functional initiatives.
- You have significant and relevant experience across recruiting and other related talent acquisition/HR roles leading large teams.
- You are a process oriented & data driven leader; passionate about fixing complex operational challenges allowing for greater scalability and global impact.
- You are a structured, logical, and creative thinker with an ability to dissect a problem using a critical approach and iteratively test solutions.
- You possess strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present clear, well-thought out recommendations.
- You are a credible expert, influencing through a trusted advisor approach
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.