The role holder will be responsible to ensure the smooth running of the Region and that deadlines are met by providing efficient and effective administrative support and assistance to the Regional Manager, Assistant Underwriting Manager, Underwriters, Business Development Managers and Specialist Insurance Teams based in the Region. Hospitality, Engineering, Marine, Specialised Motor and Travel.
- Manage duties in line with the Company and Regional Objectives around:
- Profitable Growth
- Customer Centricity
- Operational Excellence
- People - IDP
- Financial discipline and Governance
In addition, key activities including arranging Regional Functions, setting up boardroom for meetings/training. Providing IT assistance when required. Assisting Facilities with office related matters. Caretaking Sodexo and managing cleaning of offices.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
- Answering switchboard and managing reception duties.
- Reports and presentations. Preparing & distributing monthly reports to region & Head office.
- Coordinate all events for the Region.
- Maintaining attendance registers (all staff).
- Order marketing materials and maintain spend against Expense Budget.
- Maintain broker contact list for the Region.
- Attend to office maintenance needs and order groceries and cleaning materials from Sodexo.
- Arrange flight and accommodation for the Region.
- Arrange Broker functions and meetings when required.
- Order stationary for the Region.
- Regional Quote Register, distribute quotes from the Regional Quote Mailbox to relevant persons. Keep Regional Quote register up to date
and track turnaround times.
- Petty cash, manage and complete analysis for Finance.
- Complete requisitions for invoices and submit to Finance and follow up on payments.
- Arrange courier services for the Region including Specialist Insurance Teams.
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Business Service Centre
- Information Technology
- People Management
- Legal and Compliance
•Broker Management Department.
•Building Management and general office suppliers
•UMA's and Niche product suppliers for the Company.
•Local Insurance Institute
•Minimum of 2 year Secretarial and administrative experience.
•Computer literate (Word, Excel and Powerpoint requirement)
•Fluent in English (read, write & speak)
•FAIS Compliant - 60 minimum credits will be an advantage.
•Sound knowledge and understanding of the South African Insurance Market.
•Sound knowledge of Statutory and legislative requirements.
•Good relationship building skills
•Excellent verbal and written skills
•Strong People management skills
•Strong Numeracy skills
•Good communication skills
•Strong analytical skills
•Strong leadership skills
•Sound interpersonal skills
•Computer literacy ( sound Excel, Word and Powerpoint required)
•Attention to detail
•Concern for Excellence
•Customer Service Orientation