Standard Bank is the largest bank in Africa and our highly visible brand, award-winning service, and strong global presence helps us maintain our market-leading position. We place huge value on the talent of our people to drive our continued success, and to support our plans for growth. We now need a talented and resourceful Account Analyst to help us fulfil our business objectives and build customer loyalty.
- To support the Business Manager with the day to day running and maintenance of the portfolio.
- To provide a central office-bound contact point for customers.
- To deal with all credit related issues in Lifestyle and Entrepreneur segments.
- Provides a consistent customer experience in line with the Small Enterprise Customer Value Proposition
- Provides a second face office-bound (information/ query handling) service point for Entrepreneur customers.
- Performs a liaison role between the Business Managers, customers, branches and back office service fulfilment and credit functions.
- Interacts with customers to establish financial information requirements.
- Educates customers regarding the parameters and routine procedures governing entrepreneur product and service offerings.
- Interviews Business customers, when required.
- Assists with completion of documents and opening of all accounts for the Entrepreneur segment.
- Ensures that welcome letters are sent to new customers.
- Attends to transferring and closing of accounts, when necessary.
- Effectively migrates customers to Direct Channels.
- Ensures that all new service requests (queries and complaints) are logged correctly, as either a “first contact resolution” or “non-first contact resolution” as appropriate.
- Ensures that service requests in personal work list are actioned within agreed timelines.
- Accurately and efficiently collates and check securities documentation and mandates for banking facilities.
- Analyses business and financial information e.g. balance sheets, financial statements and management accounts, to prepare and motivate non-scored credit applications in line with credit requirements.
- Processes scored/un-scored credit applications.
- Monitors daily excesses to ensure that customer facilities are managed within the parameters set by Credit.
- Ensures timeous completion of all credit reviews.
- Ensures the preparation and completion of security documents for accounts on the relevant portfolio.
- Actions the daily credit violations.
- Assists with credit checks on new and existing accounts and credit applications, when necessary.
- Arranges and prepares the manager's appointments for the week ahead.
- Maintains customer portfolio data to identify opportunities for additional facilities.
- Cross-sells additional value adding products and services to existing customers to assist them in growing their businesses.
- Identifies and generate sales leads to stakeholders e.g. Personal Market, Vehicle and Asset Finance; Electronic Banking; Standard Bank Financial Consultants; Standard Bank Insurance Brokers, etc.
- Completes sales and lead generation tracking forms on a daily basis.
- Ensures that targets and budgets are met.
• Participates in tactical sales/marketing activities as required.
• Ensures that all leads are logged correctly in the presence of the customer and ensures cross selling opportunities are identified.
• Identifies and actions opportunities for cross- and up-sell.
• Identifies migration opportunities and sells products/services reactively.
• Scrutinises/Actions all relevant reports according to laid-down instructions, especially the following: o Report 8918 (Referral report) where applicable. o Report 8665/2084 o Actioning of report 2031 (Overdraft list of current/staff accounts) o Actioning of report 2099 (Limit reviews) o Actioning of excess and dormancy list received from credit o Actions Know Your Customer (KYC) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) reports
• Actions credit referrals
• Actions credit violations
• Captures applications for Property Guarantees
• Captures applications for Lease Guarantees
• Ensures efficient and effective completion of Conditions of Approvals (COA)'s.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
• 3-4 years branch experience
• An understanding of how businesses operate, as well as understanding the business risks, industry risks and financial requirements pertaining to the small, medium business market.
• Good knowledge of general banking practices and procedures.
• Good numerical skills and financial acumen to analyse and evaluate financial statements and balance sheets.
• A thorough working knowledge of standardised business banking products.
• Good knowledge of Personal Banking product offerings.
• A basic knowledge/ awareness of financial investment options, vehicle and asset finance and electronic banking options for lead generation purposes.
• A basic knowledge of competitor offerings.
• A sound working knowledge and understanding of Credit principles and practices, including an understanding of credit application, securities and balance sheet requirements, as well as a good knowledge of behavioural scoring.
• A strong working knowledge of the terms and conditions of multiple legal entities (companies, close corporations, sole proprietorships etc.) in the Business market and the legislative restrictions and requirements governing these from a financial services perspective.
• A working knowledge of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act (FAIS) and the Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA).
• A sound working knowledge of Managing Local Market (MLM) sales principles and practices to manage and optimise portfolio retention and growth.
• Understanding and support of the bank's multi-channel environment.