The above-mentioned position is within our Manufacturing Division (Industries) in Bloemfontein
- Financial systems management
- Establishing and maintaining mechanisms for budgeting, financial control, accounting, costing, reporting, treasury and funding.
- Ensuring that the financial management information system functions as a subset of the overall internal control procedures that cover the members, documents, technologies and procedures used to solve Industries challenges.
- Formulate policies and practices and develop, maintain and improve financial accounting processes and procedures for Industries.
- Evaluate current business processes and systems and implement policies and procedures in relation to the maintenance of sound internal controls.
- Financial planning and reporting.
- Ensure that all the financial activities and documentation are in line with IFRS, Tax, and corporate governance standards.
- Preparing and revising departmental budgets against the business plans.
- Assist in the year-end financial statement audit and quarterly reviews with the external auditors, specifically in the preparation of audit schedules.
- Manage the budget as a detailed statement of estimated income and expenses and a historical record of the department's activities during a given period.
- To provide accurate information to adjust, analyse and evaluate programs and activities.
- To present budgeted financial statement on a monthly basis with deviation explanation.
- Manage capital budget process.
- Present sound financial statements of industries in line with time lines.
- Financial control.
- Financial reporting.
- Ensure compliance to all policies, procedures and systems with legislative, shareholder and statutory requirements (including FSCA, PA, treasury regulations) and advice accordingly (including advice on corporate governance).
- Manage human resource in the department and provide required inputs, evaluation and feedback to ensure the effective functioning of the team.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B. Com degree or equivalent
- Manufacturing experience advantageous
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) and International Accounting Standards (IAS) and local accounting practices.
- Knowledge of relevant financial legislation (i.e. Public Finance and Management Act)
- Knowledge of Financial Modelling
- Knowledge of Company Business Planning and Business Management Principles
- Knowledge of Taxation (Company, Personal and VAT)
- Organising and Business understanding
- General management skills