We seek to employ an Assistant Sales Training Manager to assist the National Sales Training Manager, manage all activities related to sales training in the company, which includes design, delivery, facilitation, competency evaluation, coaching and mentoring.
- Support the National Sales Training Manager in developing and implementing an overall sales training strategy that maximizes performance and sales results
- Assist the NSTM with Identifying sales training needs and recommend / design solutions to meet such needs, in close consultation with Product Managers and all Sales Managers
- Assist with the design, development and delivery of national sales training as required (which would include staff induction programs)
- Conduct formal training sessions that meet the needs of the sales force, both detail and retail (which may include selling skills, staff inductions, basic anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, pathology and any disease entities specific to product portfolios
- Assist with the evaluation of all sales training activities to identify areas for improvement and to drive overall effectiveness
- Assist the National Sales Training Manager by conducting in-field competency evaluation of sales staff and identify national, regional and individual development needs to optimize individual performance by providing in-field training, coaching and mentoring to individual sales staff.
- Assist with development and implementation of standardized in-field competency evaluation tools and materials to ensure that national standards are consistent
- Collaborating with the NSTM in the development training materials and hand-outs for use in training sessions.
- Serve as an additional resource to sales management and sales staff with regards to sales training and development needs
- Ensure sales training records are submitted to Sales Assistant who keep records of sales training activities and liaises with the National Talent Acquisition and Development Officer (NTADO)to provide data for the annual Training Report and Skills Development Plan as required by the relevant SETA.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Keep up to date with knowledge of sales, pharmaceutical and industry trends while keeping pace with training and development innovation
- In consultation with NSTM and NTADO compile training requirements by evaluating sales and marketing strategic plans, their sales result
- Conferring with Sales Managers in respect to development requirements per TM whether identified at PDP, In-field assessment or in day to day gaps identified by RSM
- Reviewing results of trainer coaching
- Evaluating training effectiveness in conjunction with Marketing and Sales Management.
- Assists the NSTM to meet all sales training financial objectives by forecasting sales training requirements, assisting with preparation of an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances, initiating corrective actions.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and the generics industry in particular
- Previous teaching and facilitation experience preferred
- Previous experience in a sales capacity preferred
- Previous experience in detailing to doctors and/or specialists would be an advantage
- Knowledge of training processes and methodologies
- Relevant industry-related degree or diploma
- Ability to travel extensively in accordance with the job requirements.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Proven experience of sales strategies, techniques and theories
- Computer literate and numerate
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional knowledge and skill & Demonstrated success in a coaching/training role
- Ability to influence the behavior of others both in the classroom and in the field
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
- Creativity and innovation
The company reserves the right to adjust or modify the scope and / or level of the job based on applicant supply, operational requirements and/or prevailing market conditions