Title: Technical Advisor Performance Management and Improvement
Location - Mansa, Luapula Province
Reporting to: Deputy Chief of Party-Technical
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, nutrition, economic development, gender, youth, education, environment, civil society, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Performance Management and Improvement Technical Advisor
FHI 360 seeks Performance Management and Improvement Technical Advisor to join province-based teams delivering high-quality technical assistance to the Government of Zambia to improve the quality, responsiveness and efficiency of reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health and nutrition (RMNCAH&N) services. USAID Zambia supports the Government of the Republic of Zambia and the Ministry of Health to improve the health of mothers and children through strengthened capacity to engage the communities for health, to deliver quality services, and to strengthen systems at national and subnational levels. The successful candidates will provide technical assistance to the government-led RMNCAH&N Continuum of Care Program at provincial, district and health facility levels, in collaboration with the project team, to improve the implementation of high impact RMNCAH&N interventions. FHI 360 seeks Performance Management and Improvement Technical Advisor to be based in Mansa, Luapula with travel to other priority provinces - Muchinga, Southern and Eastern - and Lusaka.
The Performance Management and Improvement Technical Advisor
will work closely with the program team, under the leadership of the Deputy Chief of Party-Technical, to execute the following responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight of the project activities supporting district-level annual work planning, quarterly performance reviews, supervision system and QA/QI activities.
- Lead the design of the individual and organizational capacity building strategy of the project to improve the district-level functions
- Design the support to the Ministry of Health to implement the new QA/QI policy currently in development.
- Ensure program activities are evidence-based, adapted to local context and reflect state-of-the-art knowledge and best practices in performance management and quality improvement.
- Work with government partners to develop a demand-driven TA model in performance management and quality improvement, including related training and coaching of facility and community-level structures.
- Collaborate with government, project partners, and stakeholders to integrate QI components into their current in-service education programming, including both training manuals and materials and for in-person training sessions and mentorship activities.
- Lead analysis of performance data through provincial and district-level aggregated indicators and develop responsive programmatic activities or course correction, with a focus on effective coverage of RMNCAH-N services.
- Study the functionality and sustainability of the district-level supervision system and develop strategies to improve them.
- Collaborate with advisors leading other technical content areas to ensure that performance management and improvement activities are integrated, aligned, efficient and comprehensive.
- Contribute to the implementation of a robust learning agenda for continuous learning, collaboration and adaptation
- Document, communicate and publish results and lessons learned to inform improvements in national policies and local systems.
- Support and coordinate performance management and improvement activities of technical staff at t provincial and district levels and facilitate cross-provincial collaboration and learning
- Contribute to the development of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID.
- Master's Degree or higher in public health, social sciences, or a closely related field is required; a medical doctor or nurse-midwife with public health training is strongly preferred.
- At least 7 years' experience in public health, including RMNCAH and/or nutrition programs.
- Experience providing strategic leadership and capacity-building in performance management and quality assurance/quality improvement with application to RMNCH-N services at district level.
- Good knowledge of supervision systems and how to improve their functionality and effectiveness.
- Experience providing direct support to technical staff, and oversight and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables.
- Experience in providing training and mentorship at the district and provincial level; experience training on quality improvement models strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of high impact interventions in reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health, and nutrition.
- Experience with USAID-funded programs preferred
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others - and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.