Main purpose of the job
To develop academic material and lecture in allocated subjects for own and other programmes and to execute appropriate community projects
1. Teaching, learning & assessment
2. Student evaluation
5. Control and organisation
6. Community service
Programming in C# and Java
- Digital Literature including (Operating Systems, Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms Powerpoint and MS Access)
Note: This post is part of the "New Generation of Academics"- programme (nGAP) in the second phase of the "Staffing South Africa's Universities Framework" (SSAUF)
Nature of appointmentPermanent academic
Minimum salary scale
(Total Cost to Company)R576 761 per annum
Minimum Qualification/ Knowledge and/or
- A relevant Master's-level degree (i.e. M Tech/MSc/NQF 9 or equivalent) in IT, computer science or Information Systems
- An average of 70% or above in the highest degree
- At least two years' teaching/lecturing/industry experience relevant to the subject fields
Desired Qualification, Knowledge and/or Experience
- Evidence of progress towards a Doctorate degree
- Any acknowledged publication, research, innovation or creative output
Terms and Conditions
- Candidates will be recruited and appointed in accordance with the Employment Equity and Affirmative Action Programmes of the Central University of Technology, Free State.
- The Central University of Technology, Free State reserves the right to conduct/employ a third party to conduct a background investigation in respect of all short-listed candidates.
- Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only. If you haven't received feedback in four weeks, consider your application not shortlisted.
- The Central University of Technology, Free State reserves the right not to make an appointment in the advertised post and/or to appoint other suitable persons recruited by means other than this advertisement.
- Appointment, either on a permanent or contract basis, will be negotiated with the successful candidate.